LATEST NEWS: We are very happy to announce that our organiser Elaine Micklewright has been awarded a British Empire Medal in the Queens 90th birthday honours list – for more information please click here.
By-Gone Days was held on the first weekend in August from 1991 – 2015. Over 25 years the event raised almost £300,000 for local charities. Sadly 2015 was the last By-Gone Days but we will update this site with information on other related local events.
The event included displays and entertainment from many local groups including:
- Wimborne and Salisbury Aeromodellers
- National Autocycle Displays
- Flying Displays
- Air Ambulance
- Dog Show
- Wilton RBL Band
- Hyde Band
- Static engines and steam engines
- Vintages cars, bikes and trucks
- Salisbury Militaria
- RAF Ibsley Historical Group
- Displays, stalls and refreshments
The three main charities supported by By-Gone Days were the Salisbury Hospice, the Alzheimer’s Society and Royal British Legion Women’s Section.